Tuesday, July 30, 2013

looking forward


This summer is blowing past me.
I can't believe we are less than two days away from August.


It seems like the cooler days of autumn are just around the corner!!
(happy dance!!)

I'll be prepared with a new pair of socks!
And ... I'm especially looking forward 
to hunkering down with my pile of magazines during the longer nights.

What are you looking forward to as we roll into August?

To acquire the habit of reading
is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. 
 ~W. Somerset Maugham  

Summer Breeze sock pattern by me in Colinette Jitterbug yarn


3 comments:

Judy S. said...

We are looking forward to a new grand daughter in August and hoping she does indeed wait till then. Looks like another pretty sock! And you're right, summer is whizzing by. Who turned up the clock to fast forward?

Anonymous said...

OK, Snoopy poopy, your own pattern!
The yarn color looks like water and sand!(With you in a fuschia swim suit!) Go to the beach - for me,please!!!!

Jane said...

In august I will turn 37 and the children are still free from school, august is my favorite month. Have a happy month dear Gail.