Friday, January 25, 2013

just an inconvenience


What does a neuroknitter do when work stuff goes awfully awry...again...
...and again?


After the meltdown...?


Yep.
camera...check.
hot tea...check.
macarons...check.
knitting...check and check and check.


There's nothing that a warm cup of tea, pretty macarons, and a toasty pair of new socks can't fix!


Sigh...that's so much better.


If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat,
if your house is on fire, then you've got a problem. 
Everything else is inconvenience.
~Robert Fulghum  

Toasty Twist socks in Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR (probably a rare gem...running a ducking for cover )


10 comments:

Discoknits said...

Mmm, pretty colours. Do you keep a supply of macarons on hand, or were you just passing a bakery?
;0)

gMarie said...

Those are very pretty macarons! But the socks - impressive. There is just something very, very mediative about knitting - especially socks. I haven't had any on needles for close to a month - I think I need to fix that. Hope work stops being a pain. g

Christine P. said...

Gail! You can't show such pretty colors and I can't get it for myself!! No more showing off of Rare Gems!! Maybe I'll find some at Stitches West??

Willow said...

Aaah, another pair of toasty twist's♥
These will be glorious :-)

Anonymous said...

Have loved Robert since read his first book!! Thanks for the refresher! ...and wise advice!
(Also, hot cider (instant) with a splash of Jack.... - not poopy at all!) Hugs and on to better times.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have to duck if I had a macaroon!

Lolly said...

That ALL looks so good!!!

Jilly said...

Gaily...those socks are beautiful and I would very much like to wear them with my Frye boots. Perhaps you might feel like your sock drawer is over flowing and hand them over to your sister? HUH? Pretty Please???

Macarons look yummy..did you eat them by yourself or share? If I were you ..no sharing allowed!

Lovely post.....enjoy your Monday and make it a marvelous day of moments!!! xoxo

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Sorry things went awry, but it looks as if you've put things to rights. Lovely, lovely socks, and the marcarons look exquisite. Now I want some...I fell in love with them last fall in Paris. Had no interest in them before. Now they're a mainstay!

Anonymous said...

I love the therapy of tea, knitting and macaroons! Do tell....where did you get such yummy macaroons from? Just in case I need a similar retreat.