Thursday, January 14, 2010

help another, help oneself

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had another post planned for today. Then I changed my mind. I wrote this sitting in a warm house, with a full tummy, my hubby sitting next to me working on his laptop, and as we watch the news reports about the devastating earthquake in Haiti we reflect on how terribly lucky we are.

I invite you to join us in giving something if you can...even if it's just your coffee money...it all adds up. There are so many wonderful organizations that can offer assistance, here are two of them for your consideration.

Doctors without Borders

Mercy Corps

~Thank you~

2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Did it yesterday. Committed to a monthly donation to DWB. It's the least I can do.

Carolyn Parker said...

Thanks Gail.