1. Meet S at the Sapphire Hotel for our traditional Tuesday night drinks and knitting.
2. Both order a ginger vodka and soda.
3. Brainstorm while tipsy and formulate a plan for the final stroke of brillance that will transform jaywalkers into something wearable for those with narrow feet/high insteps/cankles.
4. Try to implement plan and horribly mangle a few rows.
5. Give up and chat instead.
6. Walk home.
7. Go to sleep for 12 hours. (I feel I should stress I had one drink. I'm not a lush, just a ridiculously easy date.)
6. Awake refreshed and revitalized.
7. Implement a few tentative rows of plan.
8. Post to blog that a solution is in the works!
9. Finish socks.
10. Confirm fit.
11. Write up pattern modification.
12. Share with my narrow-footed brethren!