Sunday, February 12, 2006

Let the games begin....

We have a pattern: The Aran weight Victorian Lace Shawl, freely available on the Elann site.

We have the yarn: Elann Sierra Aran in Russet.

We have needles: alot of them (this counts as a stash confession! Note: double points not included!):

And (drumroll, please!) we have knitting:

Sadly we also have the agony of defeat....there was an error. Not a fatal error, but an error. I frogged. Alas...

We have recovery: Yippy!! I will not be defeated by wooly string and a long metal needle!! NOT! I have successfully completed the first pattern section of English mesh lace. I'm about to advance to a size 9 needle and commence the Horseshoe lace pattern. My friend, Elann shopping partner, and for these two weeks "coach", Tanya, was an incredible help to me Friday night. Without her I would still be in the fetal position with this pattern. Not only that, we had the rare opportunity to hang out for a bit at the local coffee shop Saturday afternoon, and knit on our projects! "Hi" Tanya!!

Fellow Olympians--Knit on!!!

3 comments:

Wool Girl said...

NK, this is awesome! Can't wait to see this completed! wg

shannon said...

What a fantastic shawl - and what a fantastic cache of circulars and straights - methinks the dpn collection may induce faintness?

shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.