Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Let's Knit Together

The gals at We Heart Yarn are a committed bunch, mostly committed to biting off more than we can chew. We have all joined the Jaywalker-along at January One's blog, and the Yarn Lover and Knit Fiend are Rogue-ing along (if you haven't yet heard of Rogue, oooh, baby - check it out, you will fall in LOVE).

I propose the following: that the We Heart Yarn bloggers share our projects, that we are honest (although not brutally - we don't have to talk about those projects that we are not actively working on, what do you think I am, CRAZY?!?!?), and that we tell each other the truth (not the whole truth, but parts - we need to start slowly here, ladies).

Okay, me first:

1. Jaywalker sock, Grumperina's pattern, with a little help from my friends. This is being knitted from the toe-up, on two sets of Addi Turbo's, US2, using the loverly Socks That Rock Yarn in Alina colorway. One down, one to go. Not quite sure why I didn't go for two at once, 'cause I'd be finished by now and not suffering from the dreaded SSS...

2. Family gift exchange sock, kinda secret

3. Rogue. I am using KnitPicks, Andean Silk, color Pool. Yummy. The Yarn Lover and I are chugging along on this sweater, faithfully knitting and meeting every week. We are almost finished with the body, and are gearing up for the hood, which I do believe is the most daunting part of the whole sweater for both of us.

4. What??? Is that it??? I won't lie to you, I do have many, many more projects on the needles, some of which I haven't even TOUCHED in a loooooong time, but I think these are the only active ones. For tomorrow, those projects jostling around in my head for attention, each desperately wanting to be the next one to be cast on and fondled by me, until something better/more exciting/more beautiful comes along.

Ladies?

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

Fair enough. My husband is tormented by how many projects I have going on at once.

1. Rogue - along with Knit Fiend. I'm knitting it in the 35.5" size with Knitpicks Andean Silk in Lettuce. The cables are so fantabulous. We decided last night to adjurn for some Christmas knitting, but I'm ready to start the hood!

2. Double knit hat for my Dad for Christmas. It's for backpacking and has ear flaps, which Dad specifically requested. Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Snickerdoodle (tan) on the outside and a really soft, brown cotton on the inside. He's not real into color or design, but I'm going to put in a restrained geometric design just because I have to have something!

3. Reversible cable scarf (Lilly Chin) in Rowan Calmer in ivory. This is the coolest pattern I got from Knit Fiend. The cables are in rib and garter stitch so it looks good from both sides and doesn't curl. This is yarn that my husband gave me for Christmas after we'd been dating less than two months. So I've obviously been procrastinating on it a bit...

4. A Halloween pumpkin baby hat that just needs the ends sewed in. Does that count?

5. Jaywalker socks in Socks that Rock Prickly Pear. I only have about two rows on these. Yummy.

6. Granny square sampler crocheted afgan. Again, does this count?

7. Also, my husband gave me some sock yarn for that same first Christmas, but I got one sock done and it didn't fit and I abandoned it. Man, I feel like I'm being way to honest.